Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thoughts

For those who read this on a regular basis, let me apologize for the lapse in posts. For those who know me well, you know its because of our lack of internet for the last week and a half. And for those that know me even better, I had to go outside to be able to get online! Anyway, I have had lots of thoughts over the past several days so I've been anxious to get back to writing. I sometimes wonder if other people "think" as much as I do. I don't mean that in a negative way if that's how you might take it. I mean that I put so much thought into everything I do daily, even the simple things that I'm sure many would think is silly. I know Curtis does because he lets me know often either by poking fun or just giving me "that look" when I enlighten him on what's going on in my head. He has no idea just how often I keep those thoughts to myself. If he knew, I'm sure he'd consider getting me professional help. I tend to explore the consequences of every action so much that it sucks the fun out of everything. Most of what we do that's fun or exciting is done without regard to possible consequences. That's part of what makes it fun! But not me. I have to be the reasonable and responsible one that's the party pooper. And don't worry, if you are doing something that could have a negative outcome, I'll be sure and let you know. This is definitely something I need to work on. It can be such a downer sometimes. I remind myself of Debbie Downer - see the video. Now I'm rambling- see what I mean about the thinking? And that was just a small window into my head. Let me get back to the original thought. This is what I was talking about. I think about things so in depth that I can start thinking about something so simple and end up in deep thought about something that doesn't even exist. I know that I'm not alone in this behavior (thank you Steph) but I do feel sure that I may be a minority in this. What does the average person think about when there are moments of calm or quiet throughout the day? And how would we know they are the average? I'm sure one day there will be a way to answer some of these questions since technology continues to advance in leaps and bounds. I'm curious but I may not want to know other peoples thoughts. Perhaps God intended to keep those private and that's why our thougths are silent to the human ear. For now, I'm glad God doesn't judge me on my rambling mind!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well, let me think about this...LOL. Definitely some are far more pensive than others, I think it goes along with introspect, and self-preparation, not to be confused with doubt! Hey, for example: I was taught to learn from others' mistakes rather than make my own, if I didn't think about actions, results, and outcomes of behavior perhaps I would have ran more circles around myself! I've ran plenty, but I'd like to think that all my thinking has saved some face or prepared me for future circumstances.

Nelliegray said...

You can't help it - you're a Padgett and it runs in your veins -I am sure you know that most of them that are still living do A LOT of thinking throughout the day and a majority of the time they keep it to themselves or share it with their kin over a chaw of backer on the front porch swing in the shade. Not that it's a bad thing - it just runs in the family. You're completely fine and thoughts and thinking thoughts is a good trait, an annoying one sometimes but a good one - the word is conscience which means that your momma raised you right - (had to put some hick words in there for ya)

Stop snickerin' - Stop it!!!

Toodles :)