Tuesday, July 1, 2008

So Proud


Today, I chose to write about my husband. Most of us find that its so easy to talk about our children, to boast and to share, but rarely do we speak of others that matter so much in our lives. It's not because others in my life don't matter or because I am not proud of them: its just so easy to speak about my children and many people can relate to that. Anyway, back to the point. (See what I mean!) My husband got a new job yesterday. Not only did he get a new job but he did so much more than that and most people will not see that part so I'll share it with you. He accomplished a major life goal and saw a dream come true. Its so wonderful to experience a love for someone in which I couldn't be happier even if it were my own dream that came true. In a way, it did seem like my dream since its always been his and I wanted it so badly for him. He has worked hard at every job he's had and he truly deserves this. If anything, his new employer is lucky to have such an asset to their team and I know that they will never regret the decision to hire him. As with anyone in any job, he will make improvements and adjustments, always looking for a way to be better. Still, the learning curve will be minimal, I'm sure. Despite the fact that he has worked hard towards this goal and that he earned, we can't forget that we owe our thanks to God for his work in our lives. This is just one of the many blessings we have received recently and we are aware of what we have. I can only hope that my friends and family can experience this joy as we have and that we will continue to look to God as we go through each day from this point forward.
So if you see Curtis in the coming days, be sure to congratulate him so that he can show you his beaming smile that hasn't come off his face since yesterday. And in case you haven't heard, I'm now the proud wife of a FIREFIGHTER!

4 comments:

Lyra said...

This is AWESOME, Carla! This is so encouraging and such a reminder of God's care for your family, specifically. I'm praising the Lord with you! We need to catch up soon. I miss you!

Nelliegray said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so glad for you and Curtis - and I truly understand the joy in your heart and excitment of the accomplishment. He will do well with anything he faces.

Carla said...

Thanks to both of you!

Nicole Alligood said...

I am so proud of my big brother! I cant believe he did it! It gives me the drive to go out and accomplish my dream of becoming a teacher! Heck if he can do it w/3 kids and a wife I can do it w/one and a husband! Tell him I said I love him!