Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just an Update

What a busy month October has been and I'm afraid that its only going to get worse as we go into the holiday season. Sorry for the posting delay. This is actually going to be like an update more than anything. I shouldn't say that its going to get worse because I enjoy the holidays so much. Despite our "economic situation", I'm looking forward to them this year more than the last several years because I can actually see it coming and hopefully get prepared sooner. I'm going to try and make a big deal out of traditions this year more than ever too since I have more time at home with my family. You know, the usual things like baking cookies and making Christmas ornaments and cards. I want to do this while the kids are still young enough to enjoy it instead of dread it! We'll start by hitting all the grandparents' houses on Thanksgiving Day although we tend to spend most of that day with Curtis' family since we see mine much more often. And then.... decorating for Christmas. We've tried to make this a weekend after Thanksgiving tradition. Last year was a week or so later but same general timeframe. Hopefully Curtis will enjoy Christmas a little more this year too. The last several years, he has been working on the Christmas lights at Soundside Park which he dreaded but not this year! He can finally enjoy it without worrying about the work that usually comes with it. Of course, he'll still have to put up the lights at our house. Luckily, he has a good system going with those so it really doesn't take him that long anymore. The kids and I usually decorate the tree and inside the house. I still get to see them get so excited when its time to do those things. The "magic" of Christmas is still there for them and its fun to watch. Enough about Christmas. You'd think I work for WalMart or something, already talking about it before Halloween has even passed. Back to October. Austin's last baseball game will be Saturday and so will Alex's first parade of the season. We also have to attend a baby shower and a birthday party later that day. Sunday will be just as crazy. Then next week, off to the mountains for a little getaway which I'm looking forward to. Pray that we are safe while we're gone and that we can have good weather. The last time we went to the mountains which was 3 years ago, it rained almost the entire time. Either way, I'm sure it will be nice to get a break from real life.

No comments: