Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

Already, its Thanksgiving again. I can't believe it. Seems like about a month ago when I posted something last Thanksgiving. What our parents said is becoming more true everyday; the older you get, the faster time flies. So much has happened over the last year that I have a different perspective on Thanksgiving this year. I'm still thankful for the many blessings I've received but what I now regard as a "blessing" may have changed a little. Before, it may have been the obvious things but those that we take for granted. That includes family, health, material possessions, you get the point. Don't misunderstand. I'm still thankful for those things but I now see the significance of things I had never before considered to be a blessing. I realize now that even those things we don't understand should be contemplated and we need to appreciate God's intentions and plan for us. Although we should continue to pray for good and for miracles, we should try to find a way to be thankful everyday, in every situation. That includes the trying times; those times that test our faith. Its when we are sad, angry or depressed that we struggle to find faith, to find the positives, to find God. It always seems easier to be thankful for the good and happy times. The next time you are having trouble finding something to be thankful for, remember this. God loves us always, unconditionally. He is forgiving, loving and everlasting, throughout our good times and our bad. No matter how much we turn our back on him, curse him, judge him or do the same towards others, He forgives, forgets and loves. No matter what your situation, whether it be sickness, loss or regrets, remember that His cross was heavier to bear than any that we could ever imagine and for that, we can be THANKFUL. Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving! "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 107:1

No comments: