Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sorry for the delay

Soooo sorry its been so long since the last post. And yes, I'm going to give you the excuses of why it has been. So consider this entry an update. I wonder more and more every day how I had the same life before with 40+ work hours added in. I could answer that with a few explanations such as, we are at home so much more so there's more cleaning to do; I've also taken on a few more responsibilities such as teaching a class at church, helping friends when they need me, occasional babysitting, etc. The main thing I'm doing now to fill my time that I didn't before is paying attention to my family and spending more time with them. The "me" time is about the same as before but that's ok because the family time is much more fun than work! I still associate with the outside world and have better relationships with friends and family. Anyway, back to my excuses. Austin has been playing baseball since my last post and is doing exceptionally well. My appreciation to his coach for having the confidence to put him in as pitcher quite a bit. I've been such a proud mom on the sidelines watching him persue an interest that we have been searching for and to be so good at it. The only drawback is the time it takes. He practices twice a week and has 1-2 games per week. Although I enjoy watching him, I'm thankful that the season will soon be ending because we need the break. Alex and Ashlyn have been twirling baton. That means practice once a week for them and the occasional parade or competition. Both love the attention and seem to have fun. Of course, they are just too adorable when performing so once again, I get to play the role of proud parent. This too will end soon for this season. Alex has also been playing soccer. Practice once a week and a game every Saturday. That ended last week and she was glad. I believe the only reason she wanted to play was to be able to put on the uniform and cleats! She was not too fond of practice. We have gotten into a really great habit of attending Sunday School most Sundays and are now going to church every Wednesday night. The kids love it and we need it so that's been a positive change in our house. We went before on Sundays but didn't often make it to Sunday School or Wed. night service. I'm proud of that change. I've also taken on teaching a class on Wednesday nights at church. Its a "young adults" class where we put the Bible into life applications. Its challenging to prepare a lesson that both keeps the attention of the class while teaching what should be taught. However, its a welcome challenge and I've learned so much while studying my lessons. If you are looking for a great Bible Study or want to get your kids more involved in church, come see us at Blake's Chapel. Email me if you have any questions and we'd love to see you there. (carlacitarelli@gmail.com) Other than these things, I've been trying to be more aware of the needs of my surroundings. In other words, if someone needs help, I'll offer it and if someone asks for help, I try to provide it. If you do that, it really can be what you might call a full time job! I can't always oblige but I do my best, so long as it doesn't interfere with my own family and their needs. Oh, and since my last post, Curtis and I spent a weekend in Myrtle Beach for his birthday with friends. I also had an article published the first time in the Topsail Voice so look for more. I need to wrap this up so I can go get Austin and Alex off the bus but will try to enter a new post soon. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Lyra said...

I didn't know about the Topsail Voice article! I want to read it. What was it about?