Monday, August 22, 2011

Time 4 Learning

Most who read this blog are parents. Even if you don't have a child of your own, there's probably a child in your life whose education is a concern to you, whether it be a niece or nephew, friend or other family member. If that's the case, I feel compelled to share Time4Learning with you. I first heard of the website through a friend's recommendation and later saw it again while searching online for worksheet supplements to our homeschool classes.
A little bit of background about my middle child: she does not like to read. I was once worried that she might be illiterate until high school because she dreaded Language Arts so much each day that she was putting more effort into refusing to read than she was into learning! After lots of struggling with her and way too much worry on my part, she did in fact learn to read. Still, there was no excitement about reading or enthusiasm for language arts. I did some research and found that Time4Learning could be used as a core curriculum or as a supplement. Because the site includes games and activities, I figured it couldn't hurt to try it, especially since there's no contract! After learning my way around the site, I introduced it to my daughter so she could get familiar with the format before school starts.
Within 3 days (and school hasn't officially started yet), she had gone through several lessons, activities and quizzes and had done well in most areas. And yes, it did include lots of reading. How do I know how she did? That's easy! There's a parent login where I can track what she's been doing on the site without standing over her shoulder. That's right! She is learning on her own without my supervision and yet, I can still supervise on my own time!
So, the point of this post is this. If you homeschool or not, this site is a great supplement to learning (or core curriculum of course). And by the way, its not just for language arts. Other subjects are included and it works the same way! Finally, learning made fun AND effective. Try http://www.time4learning.com/ and I'm sure you'll agree! Oh, and tell them I sent you!

As a member of Time4Learning, I have been asked to review their online education program and share my experiences. While I was compensated, this review was not written or edited by Time4Learning and my opinion is entirely my own. Write your own curriculum review or learn how to use their curriculum for homeschool, after school study or summer learning.


1 comment:

Aandwsmom said...

YEAH!!
Another T4L lover!
We have been using it for 3+ years and both myself as a parent and my boys as homeschoolers LOVE IT!
And this year I started my childcare kids using the preschool section to supplement what we are learning-hands on!
I highly recommend it to anyone that asks too!!!
Glad you enjoyed it and that your daughter had a good time using it as well!!
Happy Homeschooling!