Monday, March 11, 2013

Overwhelming

When I stop to think about my purpose here on this Earth, it is greatly overwhelming. Don’t misunderstand; I don’t mean to imply that my specific purpose is overwhelming or that I am very significant. I am saying that trying to determine how I might best serve this world (in order to glorify God) is overwhelming due to the many needs that exist. When I try to find a cause that I might lead or even assist, the task quickly goes aside due to my own inability to handle all the pain that I come across.

There are an endless number of people in the world doing good and helping others. Some do it in their day to day walk. Others start a foundation or raise money to contribute to a cause. Many of those people start their endeavor because they have been inspired by a specific person or event. Others see the worthy outcome of something and realize they need to invest with either their time or money. Then there are people like me.
Where do you begin if you have had no particular inspiration or any one cause that tugs at your heart? How do you choose one over another without feeling as though you have decided which cause is more important?

Although I haven’t yet found the precise answer, I believe I have learned where to start. Why not begin by determining my strengths and talents? Some organizations may not consider my love for baking a necessary contribution. That was just an example but this has also presented me with yet another dilemma; discovering my strengths. Do you put effort or money into a certain cause or area of need? What led you to do what you do?

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I have found the best way is to pray. Ask God to lead you and open doors that need to be opened for you to be successful. You are an amazing woman you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to and I don't doubt that for 1 second.